Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blog # 10 : )( :

I learned a lot from this class I will carry on with me from college to life. Some things that I learned are very simple things while some are complex. I learned the whole concept of CD/TS from Ms. Peters. This paragraph system helps the writer to organize his/her thoughts and to correctly cite in the paragraph they are writing.  All CD sentence should be cited correctly and this will help with the confusion of when to cite. The TS and CS of this system are bent to be transitions sentences that will help move on to the next paragraph. With transitions it is easy to use old information into new information and this will help fill in the space. In each paragraph there should be a topic sentence.
With writing the writer can run into many errors some of this can be fixed with the task of read the paper or assignment that is being done out loud.  When writing a paper o a computer using the software Microsoft Word, many people take good use of the spelling checker but this feature is not perfect because it was made by a human and humans are not perfect. It is very easy to find run-ons and such in this way. Writing a paper can be done in many different ways and when citing a paper there are many different ways of doing this in the correct way too, examples are MLA, APA, ect. All of these can be found at the owl website.  In a paper the use of the word you, or a word pertaining to the same idea, is very hurtful to the people that end up reading it. To make reading more entertaining to the reader and enriched the paper in general, the writer should use active verbs.
If I need help, there are many people in this world that can help me. I have my teachers, peers of mine, library people at many different libraries in my area, and even online. I want to remember all of the information that I learned in this class not only to help me but others would struggle with writing. I have always struggled with write and the people who I have asked to help me in the past always act like they have a clue on what the subject is about but I found out that not everyone is gifted with the skills of writing and such. I want to have the chance to help my skills so I can intern help others when I graduate from wherever I happen to attend college next.
My dream: I have always wanted to write a book not a long book but a really short one, I don’t want to get it published or anything I have just always wanted to do it because I would like to accomplish that in my life. I would like to just for the fact I could do it. And now that I have learned about writing in a deeper way I feel I am a little closer to that dream. I have taken 3 English classes so far at WCC (including this one) and so far I haven’t learned anything that helped my writing skills except the concepts I learned from this class and that stupid book you gave us. I wish someone gave it to a lot sooner it would have helped a lot. LOL. Thank you I learned a lot and the knowledge I gained, I will never forget.
~Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment