Saturday, October 9, 2010

Blog # 2

If I had to put a label on my writings strength and weaknesses it would be hard because depending on what level we are talking about it could be perfect or very crappy. Talking about a good medium level I would say that I can be an ok writer when I want to be. I am very good with a three body paragraph paper because when I figure out what my three topics are I can support them with 3 to 4 more sentence and the intro and conclusion I write about the same thing and the thesis sentence thing is the same in both.  I am good with creating sentence to make the requirements of a paragraph because I have a habit of writing run-on sentences.
My negative thing about my writing is the length. When I first wrote essay, like in middle/high school I had a problem with putting what I wanted to say on paper so I would have many sentences to explain what I was trying to say. Know that I have taken some good classes on how to really write I am better with explaining myself in fewer words and can’t seem to make a paper of any kind longer without putting in stuff that dose fit/matter or isn’t on topic. I also just remembered that I am very bad at spelling (which ABC check helps me with) and I am bad at grammar and putting words in the correct way for people to understand them and to still be in correct English.
At the moment the thing that I want to learn is to write a good, long research paper because I will need to write many of them since I am now in college. : )  I have fine with just learning to write a long r. paper the good part can come later.
Diagnostic Essay
It was a little of both. At first it was hard for me to think of how I wanted to write my first paper of the year that would show my writing skills.  So I took the easy way out and wrote my paper in a letter format.  If I had the chance to do my essay over again, I would have spent some more time on checking it over by added in more things to help support what I thought. I would have done my format in the same way because after I am done with an essay I normally would recheck it twice, which I don’t do any more, so I think either way the format of the essay would have been fine but I think I choose wisely in my decision.  The letter way was a good way to show my writing skills in an informal way.
 I do like to write but just to show my skills off I think because I never write just I feel like it. I do write a lot throughout my day though. I would enjoy writing more if it was more meaningful, like in class I write for a good grade, I’ll write example to help people, or a scholarship. Something that has a deeper meaning than what is “on top”.

No comments:

Post a Comment